Tuesday 27 August 2013

2D game: escape from area 51

Tiernan O'Doherty
Artist

 creating art assets

I started by looking at what we wanted the game to be like. Alien and human aspects to my creations were on the top of my list. I used Photoshop in my process.I created various shapes and lines and merged the layers of those many, many objects together in their independent parts such as vents, glass wires and sheet metal. here is a ship and an elevator control panel that I've done.

During the process of building the ship i used a slight color variation for the nose of the engines. it gives it an energetic feel. Using wires and tubing I made the engine exhausts look both high and low tech,  the look needed to seem like an amalgamation of scrap cobbled together by an alien  robot and the end result really shows hoe well it comes together.

The panel was smaller and much more simple it was made not to look alien but look like a high tech panel that was obviously made by human hands. note the blinking lights on the right side of the panel and the large red dot on the other. these are classic characteristics in film and game of FBI equipment.Wires were also added so it looked indefinitely human.

The agent was the most time consuming needing a walk cycle and idle stance as shown. but once I had the idle stance done and dusted the rest followed easily.

No comments:

Post a Comment